Job SearchRegister DetailsCandidate LoginRailPersonnelEmployer LoginCandidate SearchRailPersonnel
Candidate Advice
Country Information
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter

Country Information - U.K.

Please refer to our privacy and confidentiality policy prior to use.

  Australia | Canada | China | United Arab Emirates | Europe | Germany | Hong Kong | India | Indonesia | Korea | Saudi Arabia | Singapore | South Africa | Taiwan | Turkey | United Kingdom | United States
  Information on migrating to the United Kingdom is available from the Immigration and Nationality Directorate website (www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk) or you're nearest United Kingdom Overseas Embassy. A list of overseas British embassies is available from (www.fco.gov.uk)

If you are currently outside the United Kingdom, you may need to apply for entry clearance before you travel. The entry clearance process for the United Kingdom is run by UKvisas (www.ukvisas.gov.uk) through the British diplomatic posts around the world.

Another option would be to apply for a Schengen Visa which can be available for foreign people in the UK who are willing to go somewhere else in the EU. For an all-in-one guide for foreign people in the UK who need a Schengen visa if they want to enter an EU country from the UK, please refer to the guide here: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/apply-from-uk/
Health Services  
  The NHS is recognized as one of the best health services in the world and operates across the United Kingdom for medical services including hospital cover, general medical, dentistry, mental health and optical cover. To be eligible you must work in the United Kingdom and either have permanent residency or have been living in the United Kingdom for a period of 12 months or longer (A full list of criteria can be found at: www.dh.gov.uk/en/PolicyAndGuidance/International/index.htm).

Residents of countries who have signed reciprocal health care agreements are also entitled to restricted access to health cover while visiting the United Kingdom.

People on temporary visas are not covered by the NHS and should take out their own private health insurance for the duration of their stay.
  For information pertaining to the United Kingdoms taxation system, go to www.hmrc.gov.uk
Social Security  
  The Department for Work and Pensions is the Government agency responsible for the United Kingdoms social security system. For more information, visit www.dwp.gov.uk
Drivers Licence  
  Most visitors entering the United Kingdom are eligible to drive any category of vehicle, up to 3.5 tons and with up to 8 passenger seats provided their full licence or driving permit remains valid for up to 12 months from the date of entering the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.dvla.gov.uk
  Unless a service charge has been added to you restaurant bill, you are expected to leave a 10% - 15% tip unless the service was unsatisfactory.
   Home | Privacy Policy | Confidentiality Policy
   Please note this site uses cookies for Google Analytics.
   © 2008-2018 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.