Project Manager ( #12415 )
This Sydney based company is a market leader providing technology products and associated services to the rail industry. They offer support tools that can be used for advanced planning of railways and for real time and near real time decision making for operating railroads. Their Client base is Railway Owners and Operators in the public and private sector and suppliers and contractors to Owners and Operators. This company currently has a position available for a Project Manager.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position.
- Manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Manage projects in accordance with the requirements detailed in the customers user requirements and the client's QMS.
- Ensure activities comply with all relevant legislation, government requirements, standards and guidelines, the client and customers policies and procedures
- Identify all risks relating to the project and ensure these are documented with suitable management and reporting strategies as required by processes and procedures
- Ensure all safety procedures of the client and the customer are complied with by the project team and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the assigned internal and external stakeholders to deliver all projects efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare project plans, including a project schedule, specifying all project deliverables, constraints, stakeholders, safety management plan risk register and risk management plan, significant issues and required resources
- Deliver assigned projects to the agreed and approved project brief and project plan, with respect to time, cost and outcomes
- Assemble project teams and through them, manage the design, procurement, communications, handover and finalisation of each assigned project delivery,
- Ensure all project activities are adequately documented and records maintained to ensure transparency of risk management and decision making
- Ensure that environmental issues are identified and addressed
1. Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in Engineering / Building / Business / Project Management or related management disciplines.
2. Proven success in project management (including initiation, development, integration, scope, time, cost, quality, team, communications, risk, procurement and financial management aspects) in a commercially focussed environment.
3. Proven experience in the preparation of performance specifications and tender documents and the management of contracts with proven ability to manage multi-disciplinary projects.
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility and a demonstrated understanding of issues related to customer service and safety.
5. Strong technical skills and keen to learn the company's products and services.
6. Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills with proficiency in the use of computer software packages.
7. Demonstrated interpersonal and team-building skills, success at building relationships with key people and demonstrated facilitation, negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
8. Railway experience is preferred.
Your home base will be Sydney or such other location that is agreed by you and the client. Travel to other locations within Australia and overseas may be required from time to time.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.