Deputy MMS Manager
Deputy MMS Manager ( #12562 )
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Our client is seeking a Deputy MMS Manager to be based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
This Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) project for the Electrical and Mechanical (E&M) Systems (i.e. Rolling Stock, Signalling, Telecommunications, Power Supply, Overhead Catenary System, Track Work, Platform Screen Doors, Automatic Fare Collection, Depot and Workshop Equipment, Facility SCADA, Signage and Graphics) is in relation to the first Metro line to be built in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Within the Depot and Workshop Equipment specification there is a requirement to supply a comprehensive, system-wide, computerized Maintenance Management System (MMS) consisting of software, hardware and installation for the planning and management of all maintenance work and associated functions of the Line 1 railway. The MMS is required to provide effective decision support for the management of maintenance including for the following functions:
- Asset and Resource Management
- Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
- Inventory management and Procurement
- Contract management
- Staff resource management and rosters
- Track possession management
- Life cycle costing
- Work Orders
- Warranty administration analyses and reports
- Performance history and Key Performance Indicators
Our client is supplying IBM Maximo and is seeking personnel with knowledge of the above functions who are capable in facilitating the execution of necessary tasks as required to implement the MMS.
The Deputy MMS Manager position reports to the MMS Manager and is responsible for:
1. Supporting the MMS Manager in regard to:
a. The design, procurement, installation, and testing and commissioning of the MMS in accordance with the Contract requirements.
b. Updating the Requirements Management System and the submission of reports in regard to the satisfaction of MMS requirements.
c. Coordination with the Employer, E&M sub-systems and the civil Contractors.
d. Identifying any issues, and potential changes in the scope of work that might trigger a Variation Order.
e. Assessing the progress and quality of work done by sub-contractors for the MMS.
f. Tracking and reporting on the progress of implementation of the MMS.
g. Day-to-day activities as needed to deliver the functioning MMS.
2. Assisting with the development and review of plans, procedures and reports as required for implementation of the MMS.
3. Supporting the detailed review of asset related data, as prepared by E&M sub-systems and civil Contractors, for subsequent loading into the MMS after the quality and quantity is sufficient.
4. Other related tasks as assigned by the MMS Manager.
1. Bachelor degree in Engineering or Information Technology.
2. Experience in large scale E&M system implementations in the transportation sector.
3. Good general understanding of the elements that constitute the railway E&M system breakdown structure.
4. Strong computer skills with above average proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
5. Experienced with using databases and preferably with IBM Maximo.
6. Strong attention to detail.
7. Able to communicate effectively using English business language.
8. Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
9. Able to work to the project schedule.
10. Able to multi-task, prioritize assigned tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment.
11. Able to work effectively, independently as well as in a team environment.
12. Able to perform maturely and professionally, ensuring complete confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information.
13. Able to think critically, act logically to evaluate situations, solve problems, and make decisions.
14. The applicant is expected to have at least five (5) years' experience in similar work.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.