Traction Power Engineer
Traction Power Engineer ( #12706 )
Auckland, New Zealand
This is a permanent role based in either Auckland, New Zealand and with a company offering visa sponsorship (where necessary) and excellent employee benefits.
• Use standard electrical engineering practices to develop designs and reports.
• Prepares power system studies for AC and DC electrified railway systems.
• Prepares computer simulations and studies including AC and DC load flow, short-circuit availability, motor-starting, and protective relay coordination studies.
• Performs site investigations in substations and along railroad tracks.
• Review contractor shop drawing and testing submittals
• Assist with preparation of technical and cost proposals.
• Assist with preparation of proposal interview presentations.
• Actively participate in Quality Control of design for completeness and accuracy.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required
• At least 5 years experience for electrified railway (3rd rail or Overhead Contact System) substation and power distribution systems designs.
• Knowledge of AC and DC rail transit traction power substations, Wayside cable plant, Circuit breakers, Switchgear, Transformers, Rectifiers, SCADA, and PLC Protection Systems
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.