Airport Civil Design Engineer
Airport Civil Design Engineer ( #12765 )
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Our client is seeking an Airport Civil Design Engineer to provide additional capacity and expertise to assist the Project Implementation Unit undertake design for various airports in Papua New Guinea. You will also be responsible for coaching and mentoriing national engineers to carry out airport pavement design and documentation.
This is a contract position with start date of 28th October 2019 and end date 26th October 2020. Number of work days 261 continuous.
Applications close on 23rd September 2019.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Airport Design and Documentation Engineer shall work in collaboration with the PIU"s national engineers to carry out airport design for various airport improvement projects in PNG.
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output:
- Conduct site inspection and formulate scope of works for all airports under proposed Tranche 1.
- Civil and Pavement designs and cost estimation as necessary;
- Engineering for earthworks, drainage and pavement designs from the studies and reports;
- Carry out detailed technical evaluation and value engineering assessment of earthworks, drainage and airport pavement (including new construction and rehabilitation) based on applicable standards, methods and specifications; local geotechnical and climate conditions and materials availability and quality;
- Ensure that designs are documented and recorded.
- Carry out pavement, drainage and other civil designs in collaboration with Pavement/Materials Engineer and prepare detailed cost estimates.
- Maintain full and detailed records of design development activities, which will include
correspondence, certification, minutes of meetings, and records of all relevant matters;
- Work with the CAD Designers to produce technical drawings ready for tendering.
- Prepare Airport Pavement Design Guide suitable to PNG.
- Mentor and provide knowledge transfer to NAC technical staff and national civil engineers.
- Qualified civil engineer.
- Preferably 15-years" experience in airport pavement design;
- Fully conversant with COMFAA, FARFIELD and other CAD design software;
- Sufficient experience in management of design teams (minimum 5 Years) of projects of magnitude and
nature similar to those of these Projects;
- Familiar with ICAO and FAA standards and best practices;
- Familiarity with geotechnical conditions in PNG or similar will be well regarded;
- Experience working in a developing country would be ideal;
- Experiences working for donor-funded projects, especially those related to aviation/airports, are highly desirable;
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.