Mechanical Engineer – Rotating Equipment & BOP Piping
Mechanical Engineer – Rotating Equipment & BOP Piping ( #12490 )
ME coordinates individual mechanical engineering activities under the guidance and supervision of the Mechanical Engineering Lead (MEL) or Mechanical Engineering Manager (MEM)
ME is responsible for:
• Project engineering management in own area of expertise with the objective to ensure that all project engineering results are in line with and / or in support of the overall project objectives and targets, including quality, time schedule and budget • Leading / Managing concerned suppliers and subcontractors
• Communicating and coordinating his/her activities directly to / with other concerned disciplines (internal and external)
• Communicating and coordinating any techno-commercial matters to / with supervising Engineering Lead and TPM, as soon as such matters arise or become known
• Taking a pro-active role in management of techno-commercial claims
• Making himself/herself particularly knowledgeable of
- project-specific RFQ process
- project-specific contractual stipulations and requirements
- project-specific EHS requirements and standards
- project-specific QA/QC requirements and standards
- project-specific baseline project time schedule
- Marubeni-internal approval processes and procedures
• Establishing a positive relationship with clients / partners / suppliers and subcontractors
• Have an engineering degree of a publicly acknowledged engineering university in Mechanical engineering (B. Eng. ME)
• Minimum 10 years of experiences with EPC contract or engineering company (doing EPC) for thermal combined cycle power plant, coal fired plant
• Capable for engineering design in sizing, calculation flow, head, friction loss for rotating equipment likes pumps, air compressor sizing. capable for technical write up for data sheet and prepare BOQ for RFQ enquiry for BOP rotating equipment.
• Able to generate BOP P&IDs, PFDs. Have know-how for pipe routing arrangement, Capable for pipe sizing and selection of valves for various BOP systems i.e. CW system, CTMU system, raw water, service water, cycle makeup, service/instrument air system. Shall capable for technical write up for piping system technical data sheet and prepare RFQ for enquiry. • Able to generate Piping and Valves BOQ for tendering/ estimation. Have deep knowhow for BOP pipe design, pipe thickness calculation including buried pipe (CW) and detailed piping support design. Capable to prepare BOP Piping and Valve RFQ for enquiry and handle BOP Piping deliverables during execution.
• Have knowhow of Tank/ Air Receiver Design as per ASME, AWWA and API. Capable to prepare Tank RFQ for enquiry and to handle Tank deliverables during execution.
• Have deep know-how of cooling tower, heat exchanger, thermal calculation and capable to do the technical write up for cooling tower, heat exchanger technical data and prepare RFQ for enquiry. Have knowledge for crane and hoists, able to prepare technical data sheet for RFQ enquiry.
• Should have capable of BOP process and good know-how input information for plant plot plan generation
• Must have tendering and execution capability for BOP mechanical systems, address technical deviations/clarification, system technical write up for bid proposal.
• Must coordinate with client, consortium partner, and various sub-suppliers on the RFQ enquiry, system design and compliance to the owner’s specifications, codes, etc. shall be reviews and comments supplier proposals and perform technical-commercial evaluations and provide recommendation.
• Familiar with the international codes applicable for power plant i.e. ASME, ASTM, ANSI, AWWA, API, HI std., ISO, NFPA, ASHRAE, CTI, BS, DIN etc.
• Have adequate IT in MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and ability of ACAD is preferable.
• Able to evaluates techno-commercial assessment to suppliers’ and subcontractors’ proposals.
• Negotiates suppliers and subcontractors for technical terms, including scope of work, terminal points.
• Manages engineering work of suppliers and subcontractors in terms of quality, schedule, compliance with specification and completeness of scope.
• Manages procurement work of suppliers and subcontractors in terms of quality, schedule, compliance with specification and completeness of scope
• Coordinates with other disciplines to ensure there will be no internal scope gap
• Resolves technical issues in own area of responsibility including interfaces to other areas / disciplines
• Keeps track of and proper records for possible claim items
• Monitors mechanical engineering activities in his/her area of responsibility and develops and implements improvement measures when and where required
• Drafts written correspondence for external project correspondence
• Prepares input for internal and external progress reports • Performs any other tasks delegated or requested by line or project superior
ME engineer will report to MEL or ME manager on all project related matters.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.