System Integration Engineer/Interface Manager
System Integration Engineer/Interface Manager ( #12514 )
Our client is a global consultancy providing technical expertise and specialist and systems engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands. With experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signaling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, they support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail administrations to niche component suppliers.
They are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced System Integration Engineer / Interface Manager to join their team. Candidates must be able to speak Thai.
The role will be based in Thailand and will involve:
- Support the day-to-day project activities for the System Integration team. Develop and perform the System Integration deliverables such as ICDs, ICD Drawings, M&E CSD, DCIMs, CAD Manual, External Baseline Configurations, Design interface matrix, etc. and coordinate this deliverable production with each subsystem lead engineer (Signaling, Rolling Stock, Platform Screen Doors, Switches, Communication and SCADA, Depot, Power Supply and Traction, Civil interface, etc.), Ensure that the System Integration Deliverables are delivered according to the agreed quality standards and the requirements.
- Ensure that Engineering best practices are implemented as well as product
safety standards are maintained to their highest level.
- Provide in depth technical expertise in field of specialization to resolve problems of unusual complexity in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Develop and present technical presentations in response to client technology
related questions/inquiries. Interface and coordinate with the design team and system assurance team to insure consistency with established processes.
- Interact with the customer, other contractors. Suppliers, and vendors (as required) to ensure that requirements for system integration and interface are communicated.
- Interface with partners and subsystems to ensure railway interface requirements are understood and met
- Support the System Integration Manager to coordinate the system engineering process between E&M and the civil contractor on behalf of the client. This includes engineering interfaces with other division for Rolling Stock, Signaling etc. and the interfaces with Civil during engineering/design phase.
- Support the System Integration Manager to coordinate system engineering design activities to ensure successful integration for earthing and bonding, stray current, EMC/EMI and noise and vibration prospective.
Essential: candidate must be able to speak Thai.
- The successful candidate will hold a degree in an engineering subject, which was taught in English.
- Good understanding of the overall design philosophy and lifecycle from concept through to commissioning.
- Good understanding of systems engineering processes.
- Good understanding of equipment layout drawings, general arrangement drawings and other design documentation.
- Good understanding of railway interfaces and how they can affect the
performance aspects of the railway.
- A Professional Engineer or working towards professional registration via a relevant professional body or industry recognized authority in the discipline (desirable).
- Proven track record of successfully implementing systems engineering techniques on major railway investment projects.
- Railway systems integration and interface management experience.
- Experience of working safely in a railway environment or a closely related industry.
- Experience of managing workshops and producing quality documentation.
- Experience of requirements management with good working knowledge of requirements management tools (i.e. IBM DOORS) (desirable).
- Experience of Verification and Validation principles and management activities.
- Experience of recording and managing technical interface issues.
- Experience of working with multi-disciplined engineers such as Civil, Structural, Architectural, Electrical, Optical, Mechanical, Electrical, Control & Information, Signaling, Track, Rolling Stock etc.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external suppliers to achieve a
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams on international projects.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.