Professional Engineer ( Structural)
Professional Engineer ( Structural) ( #12645 )
We require a qualified Senior Structural Engineer to be responsible for all pre-contract aspects of the development, planning and administration of the power plants efforts, including but not limited to administrating program, and facilitating change, implement plans and procedures at all levels. Responsible for the pre-contract expert review and comments in the design of above-ground underground stations including via duct. Provide full supports to the Planning & Development Department in carrying out their duties. Provide support and involvement to all other Directorates.
- Actively contribute in the annual budget implementation, evaluate and recommend specific adjustments during the implementation to project needs.
- Ensure the timely submission of business measurable objectives to the concern supervisor.
- Actively contribute in the orientation program for new employee including the clarification of organization role and job description.
- Provide pre-contract technical advice on all matters concerning the planning and development of superstructure, substructure, tunnel, foundation and via ducts.
- Provide technical input to the Business Development Department on the preparation and tender documents for all works related to structure and railway facilities.
- Ensure appropriate cost-effective solutions are achieved consistent with safety, quality and environmental standards
- Pre-contract stage review of project designs, documents, reports and drawings.
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with applicable health, safety and environmental legislation and contract requirements.
- Provide assistance in the resolution of technical and commercial issues.
- Prepare and deliver submissions and reports relating to planning and technical issues, and identify appropriate mitigation strategies to overcome problems or obstacles related to the project.
- Monitoring the activities of consulting engineers and to ensure effective communication between consultant, contractor and staff at all times.
- Assist in ensuring effective interface and integration management between civil, E&M and rail system works during planning and pre-contract stage feasibility study.
- Contribute to public relation activities and ensure that effective liaison is undertaken with community, local government agencies and other major stakeholders.
- Provide specialist advice to senior management on all aspects of the project and make technical presentations as required.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position when appropriate.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date information and trends through the available communication media.
- Manage the Information System to enhance and improve the same for efficient use.
- Fulfill all reporting requirements, and maintain records concerning structural related data.
- Ensure efficient, courteous and timely services to all employees? requests and inquiries.
- Comply with the quality standards and requirements.
- Comply with the policy in respect to the Shareholders, Customer, Suppliers, Employees, and to carry out your duties and responsibilities as per Code of Conduct.
- Ensure achievement of the quality objectives and targeted results in each key performance areas as set forth in the department quality plan.
- Ensure all the environmental aspects in the area of responsibility are identified and actions are taken to ensure compliance with the QSEH standards.
- Comply with the applicable QSEH rules and procedures.
- Promptly ensure to prevent and report all accidents and/or potential hazards.
-Must have the Civil/Structure license/qualifications in Taiwan
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a recognized university required. Master or PhD degree is advantageous or equivalent years of relevant experience based on the requirements of the post.
-Excellent knowledge and intensive experience with international civil infrastructure architecture projects, functions, systems, procedures and knowledge of management software such as primavera is advantageous.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience on major infrastructure works with particular emphases on power plant projects.
Possess good leadership skills including the ability to lead & motivate his team, decision-making skills, ability to perform Multitasking, follow up and planning abilities, time management, and good computer skills.
- Good communication skills, fluent in technical and financial report writing and group facilitation; presentation skills, and fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Arabic language preferred.
- Analytical thinking, problem solving, business innovation, and customer service orientation.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.