Modernization Manager ( #12801 )
Our client is seeking a RailServices Modernisation Manager for a full-time role in Suzhou, China.
Mission of the Job:
- Identification of Rolling Stock (RS) Modernisation opportunities in AP Region.
- Design development, implementation and project management of RS Modernization projects in the region.
- Assist Locations to develop minor segment product marketing and sales e.g. Friction Materials, dampers, TCMS, APU.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identification and formulate Rail Vehicle modernisation / life extension proposal in Asia Pacific.
- Conduct engineering design for Rail Vehicle Systems Modernisation Projects to enable business opportunities to be formalised into an engineering solution for potential projects.
- Manage and assist AP Locations to carry out different levels of assessments of customers vehicles from a systems overview through to detailed collection and analysis of performance, safety, operating and energy data to support modernisation business case proposals.
- Liaison with and support AP locations as well as Product Centres of Competence (CoC) to enable specialist technical solutions to be developed to meet the needs of identified projects.
- Liaison with RS RAMS Manager and engineers to use RAMS data analysis to support vehicle modernisation and maintenance proposals.
- Preparation of vehicle modernisation proposal documentation including technical, commercial and LCC supported business cases as well as customer submissions for the projects.
- Manage site activities including equipment installation, site coordination etc. and conduct testing and commissioning tasks for the modernisation projects.
- Carry out and support specialist training for internal staff covering the scope of modernisation and system upgrade projects.
- Provide Engineering Support for minor segment business development including friction materials, dampers, TIMS, APU and other vehicle subsystems in the region.
- Engineering Degree qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or suitable equivalent
- Minimum 10 years' knowledge of Railways, rolling stock and railway operation
- Experience of working in the Railway Rolling Stock equipment field
- Experience in Design, Manufacturing, Testing & Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance of major railway rolling stock systems/equipment (Brake/Door/Traction/APS/TCMS/HVAC etc.);
- Experience in conducting rail vehicle engineering design including equipment selection, structural analysis using FEA software, piping layout design, mounting design, interfaces design etc.;
- Experience in rail vehicle modification, upgrade and performance enhancement projects;
- Have a thorough knowledge of RS systems interfaces and experience in RS systems integration;
- Have a thorough knowledge of various rail vehicle types including High Speed, Locomotives, Multiple Units, Metros, Passenger and Wagon stock and Light Rail Vehicles (LRVs).
- Frequent travel within the APAC region
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.