Rolling Stock – Consultant / Senior Consultant (Beijing)
Rolling Stock – Consultant / Senior Consultant (Beijing) ( #12824 )
Our client is a global rail consultancy providing technical expertise, assurance and specialist engineering services to clients around the world.
They are looking for a Senior Rolling Stock Consultant to be based in Beijing with good domain knowledge of railway rolling stock engineering (mechanical and electrical) and a detailed understanding of rolling stock systems and how they interface and operate with each other at an engineering level is key.
The person will be required to take on a range of projects including consultancy, safety engineering and RAMS and so will be able to understand the processes and procedures and their implementation.
As a project manager for relevant projects within your area of expertise you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client and that of others within the team to timescale, cost and quality.
As a Consultant you will be heavily client focused and will spend a significant time dealing with our clients to ensure we deliver our services efficiently and understand the clients" needs and requirements. We require all our consultants to interface with clients and other project stakeholders at both a technical and contractual level.
* Provide expertise and advice to client and external clients on rolling stock projects, engineering practice, potential solutions.
* To be a player in project teams preparing and/or reviewing project documentation.
* Liaise with consultants and contractors on project issues, and interface with clients on both a technical and contractual matters.
* Manage and lead projects as required, controlling budgets, quality and timeliness of deliverables and working with resource managers to utilise the right people.
* Develop proposals and undertake business development activities to enhance client relationships and secure further work to achieve sales targets.
* Interface with domain experts from other disciplines within the Ricardo Rail global business.
* Maintain your own competence and knowledge at the forefront of your area of expertise.
The key requirements are:
- At least 5-8 years design experience
- 3-5 years independent assessment experience.
- Rolling stock domain expertise, bogie or brake related is a must.
- Fluent in mandarin and English
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.