Procurement Lead ( #12545 )
Oil & Gas
Our client is seeking a Procurement Lead to lead, plan, organize and execute project procurement activities and through delegation and coaching the full sourcing process for material and services in order to achieve established short and long term smooth running of the procurement deliveries with respect to meeting customers' demand and considering on time delivery, required quality and within budget constraints to meet project schedule and early production.
Principal Accountabilities (The outputs of the job)
- Maintain HSE as first priority and ensure zero LTI no harm to people and environment through compliance to PDO house rule, PDO HSE golden rules and PDO LSR (life saving rules).
- Ensure the highest standard of confidentiality and business ethics with due diligence during all phases of the project.
- Develop & Implement FEED Office Procurement Guidelines and Work Flow Diagrams.
- Ensure implementation of the entire PR-1962 (Sourcing & Inventory Procedures "SIP").
- Develop & Implement FEED Office Procurement Norms for CTR estimation.
- Develop & Implement Procurement Durations Norms for Pre-Award and Post-Award activities for Schedule preparation purpose.
- Develop & Implement Material Procurement Tracking Register (MPTR) and Vendor Documents Tracking Register Templates.
- Ensure the SAP set-up for FEED Office is in place and working. Knowledge of MM Module of SAP will be added advantage.
- Continuous development/ improvement in the FEED Office Procurement Guidelines, Work Flow Diagrams, Templates, CTR Norms, Procurement Durations etc.
- Build a procurement team and ensure that personnel are qualified to perform the tasks assigned.
- Prepare the Job Descriptions for each role and ensure that the roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and explained to the team.
- Monitor the performance and progress of team activities and implementing corrective actions, as required, meeting project objectives.
- Responsible for identifying staffing requirements for the FEED Office procurement positions, defining the procurement objectives in support of the organizational goals and managing the procurement work to meet value drivers of the projects.
- Develop procurement strategies, specific job procedures, execute the work and maintain effective working relationships with personnel.
- Continuously monitor quality, schedule and cost and ensure that action is promptly taken to resolve any problems.
- Participate in commercial/ negotiation meetings with Vendors to ensure consistent approach is adopted.
- Liaise closely with FPP, SAP and Project Team.
- Review weekly Procurement status and Procurement progress prior to issue.
- Attend and participate in the Leadership Team, Project kick-off meetings and Weekly Project meetings when required and any ad-hoc meetings.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as directed by PM & Project Services Lead.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Quantity Surveying, Economics, Business, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 -20 years of experience in Engineered Procurement or equivalent field (preferably in Oil & Gas industry).
- Working and delivering in a multi-cultural environment
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.