Principal Expeditor ( #12546 )
Our client is seeking a Principal Expeditor to improve the overall Materials Management delivery effectiveness and efficiency by impacting Delivery on Time and providing visibility on Vendor Performance and materials readiness to customers.
Purpose of the Job:
- To develop and implement an Expediting Procedure for Engineered items & Bulk items.
- To execute and expedite for on time delivery of products for Manual and Auto Purchase Orders.
- To achieve short and long term smooth execution of the procurement deliveries with respect to meeting critical project requirements and day to day operational requirements.
- To feedback to AVME and Vendor registration team on Vendors' delivery performance.
Principal Accountabilities (The outputs of the job)
- Maintain HSE as first priority and ensure zero LTI no harm to people and environment through compliance to PDO house rule, PDO HSE golden rules and PDO LSR (life saving rules).
- Ensure the highest standard of confidentiality and business ethics with due diligence during all phases of the project.
- Preparation of post-award Vendor Communication Matrix and issue to Vendors.
- Expedite preliminary Vendor Document Schedule (VDS) from Vendor for review and approval by Engineering.
- Ensure timely submission of all equipment and material documentation as defined within the VDS and Purchase Order.
- Co-ordinate closely with DCC (Document Control Center) to review and implement Document Distribution Matrix (DDM) for every Vendor package and MR item.
- Conducting the Kick off meetings for project critical items and issue minutes of meeting, as applicable. Actions arising from kick-off meetings will be tracked and closed in a timely manner.
- Willing to travel to Manufacturers location for review of manufacturing progress, if required.
- Monitor and expedite DCC for the generation and submittal / re-submittal of required engineering drawings and technical data and expedite the timely release or approval of drawings and answering Vendor's questions.
- Conduct regular progress review meeting (Weekly / Bi-weekly basis) with Vendors to ensure the timely delivery of item / equipment.
- Initiate corrective actions to mitigate potential delays in submission of Vendor data.
- Maintain a Vendor Status Report for each Vendor package / MR item on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate with Material coordinator of PDO's Central Warehouse (Majan) for smooth delivery of material at Site.
- Confirm that equipment & materials are delivered and accepted at the designated delivery point.
- Monitor the procurement; delivery of equipment, materials and provide assistance to Vendors in expediting sub-vendors, if required.
- Liaise with FEED Office Project Engineer/s concerning any technical issues raised by Vendor.
- Obtain regular progress reports to monitor materials delivery schedules. Any expected delays shall be communicated to Senior Procurement Specialist.
- Co-ordinate with DCC/ IM Team and FEED Office Discipline Engineer/s on timely approval of submitted Vendor drawings and receipt of fully compliant Vendor data, in accordance with the Purchase Order VDRL (Vendor Documents Requirement List).
- Co-ordinate with the FEED Office QA/QC Engineers on inspection activities (i.e, RFI review, arrangement of TPIA's) in accordance with the approved ITP (Inspection & Testing Plan).
- Maintain and update the Vendor Tracking Register on weekly basis & provide necessary inputs to Material Procurement Tracking Register.
- Provide inputs to weekly procurement progress report.
- Expedite Manufacturing Record Books (MRB's) from Vendors.
- Highlight penalty application claims for late delivery of equipment/ materials for review by PDO Project Engineer and FPP team.
- Arrange/ attend regular review meetings between Vendors and the Project Team.
- Flag Purchase Orders which are open beyond requested delivery date or approaching requested delivery date to Vendors and Buyers. Post flagging follow-up with Vendors and Manufacturers for delivery of materials and provide weekly update with Root Cause Analysis / Corrective and Preventive Actions for open Purchase Orders.
- Follow up with Vendors and Manufacturers in order to have on time delivery of materials by collecting information from Buyers on released Purchase Orders.
- Provide feedback to AVME & Vendor registration team on Vendors' delivery performance.
- Support Buyer/s for tracking delayed Purchase Orders in order to recover penalties from Vendors/ suppliers for late deliveries as per Purchase Orders Terms & Conditions.
- Monitor the list of ordered items and ensure follow-up with Vendors every two weeks from the Purchase Order date till delivery.
- Upload expediting emails to SAP in expediting note of every Purchase Order and update delivery date in SAP.
- Suggest improvements in FEED Office Procedures and Guidelines to achieve delivery of materials on time for projects and end users.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Quantity Surveying, Economics, Business, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in supplier management, procurement or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of the manufacturing processes
- Proven capability to set-up and implement expediting processes
- Strong effective communications skills to actively engage suppliers.
- Strong negotiation skills to ensure supplier compliance.
- Ability to think outside the box to manage suppliers and propose solutions for on time delivery of materials.
- Good knowledge of material specifications, MESC codes & standards, DEP / Company standards, International codes & standards, etc. and warehouse practices.
- Working knowledge of procurement and inventory management activities.
- Good knowledge in SAP MM and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Fluent in English
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.