Interface Expert ( #12634 )
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Our client is seeking an Interface Expert to ensure design and construction interface tasks are coordinated and integrated across all disciplines.
This position will be based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Insure proper interface between all railway disciplines including Systems, Civils & Structures, Permanent way and rolling stock is conducted for the purposes of design integration.
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement and integrate their requirements to into the design meeting program specification.
- Manage the interface aspects of contracted services to ensure that consultants and contractors have competent Interface Managers in place and are performing so that interfaces are properly coordinated and resolved.
- Management of the Project Management Consultant staff in resolving interface issues related to the design and technical issues affecting construction of the rail network.
- Closely coordinate with all disciplines during the process of design development, and construction of the railway network. Participate in interdisciplinary reviews at all major milestones as mandated by the project Quality Assurance Management plan.
- Participate in all activities related to the interface/coordination scope of work during construction tender preparation, and participate as required in tender technical evaluation, final design approval, construction supervision, quality control, testing and commissioning as well as construction management of the project.
- Manage and coordinating the interface development of the project. Ensure that design approvals do not delay programme milestones.
- Endorse suitable change management protocols consistent with programme requirements and monitor for changes in scope, schedule and budget.
- Assess master plans for adequacy and proper interface coordination.
- Cooperate with municipalities and approving authorities.
- Foresee project risks, offer real-time mitigation strategies, and report high risk interface matters
- Prepare reports as dictated by business needs and other documentation as requested.
- Visit work sites, observe situations affecting programme performance and prepare reports of observations and findings.
- Support the Construction Department on interface related issues during the construction, and carries out routine inspection during construction.
- Support the Construction Department for the testing and commissioning.
- Mandatory: Bachelors' degree in relevant field
- Preferable: Post graduate degree in relevant field
- Mandatory: Certifications in Project Management / Rail Management preferred
- A minimum of 8- 10 years of relevant experience (design/build experience, interface management both in design and construction).
- Thorough knowledge of civil/structural/facilities/systems works as it relates to railway construction and operation, preferably heavy freight railway
- Familiarity with track design in desert environments is desirable
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.