Contract and Claims Management Expert
Contract and Claims Management Expert ( #12636 )
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Our client is seeking a Contract and Claims Management Expert to contribute to the formulation and administration of a range of complex and high-value contractual terms and conditions pertinent to the client's packages and systems and ensure contracted consultants and contractors deliver in line with the contract's specifications, scope of work and delivery schedules agreed upon.
This position will be based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Formulate and establish complex, integrated and high-valued contractual arrangements for a range of infrastructure and system related contracts and/or consultancy services pertaining to the client
- Assist in the negotiations of contractual terms and conditions with the respective consultants and contractors and support in finalizing agreements to best serve the interests of the client and the railway systems
- Liaise and coordinate with contractors and consultants in order to monitor compliance levels with contract requirements and specifications, to effectively and timely deliver the railway systems' scope of work
- Support in addressing and resolving any issues that arise throughout the delivery of the railway systems, arbitrate claims and complaints and follow-up on resolution administration, in line with the client's internally established policies and procedures
- Assist in monitoring and assessing contractors' performance against determined criteria and compliance to contract specifications and obligations and evaluate the need for amendments, extension of contracts or remedial action where deemed necessary, to best serve the needs and requirements of the client
- Revise change requests received by contractors and consultants pertinent to contract terms deviations and submit them to management for validation and approval supplemented by the findings of the impact assessment, to take the necessary remedial action that best serves the interest of the client
- Participate in the analysis of price proposals, financial reports and other data to determine reasonableness of prices and contribute to the interpretation of contract provisions to achieve cost efficiencies and reductions where feasible
- Prepare progress reports and disseminate information relevant to the contract's status to the respective parties working collectively to deliver the scope of work and requirements of the railway's systems
- Validate and track the railway's systems' payments in line with the delivery schedule of milestones and ensure any payment delays are promptly addressed and attended to, in order to minimize any risks associated with the client's railway systems' delivery and handover
- Contribute to the development of contracting strategy, contractual related policies and procedures and incorporate any changes in laws, regulations and/or company policy where deemed appropriate, in order to ensure the client's compliance and eliminate the possibility of violations
- Mandatory: Bachelors' degree in relevant field
- Preferable: Post graduate degree
- A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.