Legal Counsel ( #12662 )
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Our client is looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel. This suitable candidate would support the General Legal Counsel in providing legal advisory in their best interest to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in order to minimize the organization"s exposure to legal risks, through support to management and the various functions.
- Provide assistance in contract drafting and negotiations in respect of the procurement transactions, agreements with clients and stakeholders
- Oversee legal and contractual matters related to current and future contracts in respect to design and development of the railway network. Provide advice on tender, claims, extension of time, variations, entitlements etc.
- Drafting and negotiation of rail haulage, partnership and other commercial contracts
- Negotiation of operation and maintenance agreements
- Support in managing the relationship and negotiation between the client and third parties/stakeholders
- Provide effective legal advisory services and continuous support on any arising issues that may impact the day-to-day operations within the various functions residing within the company, suitable to their respective diverse activities, in order to ensure timely resolution of any outstanding legal matters
- Reviewing consultancy contracts, employment contracts, loan agreements, joint ventures, MOUs, NDAs and regulatory matters. Ensuring contractual obligations adhere with the UAE laws and regulations and in line with the client's policies in order to reduce the company"s liability and protect its interest
- Review remedies and resource actions against contractors for breaches of a material nature that may impact the client and provide legal advice where applicable
- Bachelors' degree in relevant field
- Member of Legal professional bodies
- 5+years of experience in a law related position with substantial expertise in construction law and practice, disputes resolution, contract formulation and negotiation and tendering processes.
- High level of skill in contracts administration in a commercial/ corporate/ projects setting.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.