Human Factors Specialist
Human Factors Specialist ( #12189 )
Our client is a provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to your transport project challenges. We offer advisory, design and delivery services on projects in both the public and private sector, in locations across Australia and Asia.
They are looking for an experienced Human Factors Specialist to be based in Sydney and to assist them with their work supporting the New South Wales Government with the procurement of over AUD$6 billion of rolling stock being primarily manufactured by Hyundai Rotem and CRRC.
The Candidate must:
- Be a graduate qualification in Human Factors, Ergonomics, Psychology or Physiotherapy;
- Be a Certified Professional Ergonomist, or is eligible for membership as a Certified Professional Ergonomist by the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia (HFESA); and
- Have at least five years demonstrated professional experience as a human factors specialist gained at a senior level within or as a consultant to, an organisation operating in a complex, high reliability environment, including two years demonstrated experience within the rail environment (rolling stock, trackside or train crew).
- Demonstrated ability in human factors application to system design, and application of human factors tools and methodologies within an operational or project environment;
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports and the ability to undertake human factors analyses such as Hierarchical Task Analysis, Human Error Analysis and Risk-Based Training Needs analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective facilitation and representation of human factors at hazard/risk workshops;
- Demonstrated capability in the application of, and reporting on, human factors assessments and research in a complex, high reliability organisation;
- Demonstrated understanding of human factors issues within rail signalling systems, trackside/ rolling stock maintenance and operational aspects. In particular, system safety, operational risk, and safety change management; and
- Strong verbal and written communication, consultation, and facilitation skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.