Senior Human Factors Specialist
Senior Human Factors Specialist ( #12189 )
Our client is an innovative engineering consultancy with an unrivalled track record. They are NSW's largest rolling stock technical advisor with over 100 rolling stock engineers, managers and specialists engaged on all major NSW rolling stock projects. They have earned a reputation for delivering flexible and thoughtful solutions that are highly valued by our clients.
They are looking for a Senior Human Factors Specialist to be based in Sydney to
- Provide specialist Human Factors advice to major infrastructure programs
- Champion human-centred design thinking and provide leadership on important Human Factors issues
- Work collaboratively within a diverse and high-performing engineering team
Working with their talented engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work on large scale transport engineering projects, providing specialist, risk-based advice and acting as the HF focal point for HF issues.
You will enjoy working closely with our suppliers and balancing a range of multidisciplinary perspectives, to develop considered solutions that respond to user needs.
Based in Sydney, you will provide support and advice internally and to clients across a broad range of HF topics and issues, including:
- HF Integration planning and progressive assurance;
- Management of HF issues and design requirements;
- HF activities, methods, and assurance oversight required at different stage gates;
- HF risks posed to the client, or potentially impacting future acceptance, operations or maintenance;
- Integration/ collaboration required on HF issues that span across other stakeholder organisations or other delivery programs.
The Candidate should:
- Be a Graduate qualification in HF, Ergonomics, Psychology, Engineering or similar;
- Be Certified Professional Ergonomist status, or eligibility for similar;
- Have at least five years' experience as a HF specialist advising organisations operating in complex, high reliability environments; including at least two years demonstrated experience within the rail environment;
- Have experience in accessibility and/or disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport (DSAPT) is highly desirable;
- Have strong verbal and written communication, consultation, and facilitation skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.