Rolling Stock Engineer
Rolling Stock Engineer ( #12413 )
Our client is a leading supplier of leased locomotive power and rollingstock to Australian freight rail operators. It has purchased locomotives from overseas and built near new and remanufactured locomotives to specific design in Australia. They provide maintenance and specialised services.
Their mission is to manage the Group's rolling stock assets and facilities leveraging on sound asset management principles whilst running a profitable rail leasing, maintenance and build business with rail safety as their priority. Their vision is to maintain their leading position in the rolling stock leasing market in Australia by delivering superior customer service and expanding the range of maintenance sites nationally to support their customers.
They are looking for a Rolling Stock Engineer to be based in Sydney to be responsible for monitoring the performance of the their rolling stock fleet and for recommending, developing and implementing continuous improvement strategies and programs to increase rolling stock reliability and availability.
The person will be responsible for
- setting and maintaining engineering standards for maintenance and procurement of assets and components which ensure the quality, reliability and accreditation/safety of the fleet at all times.
- life cycle monitoring of the fleet, and for recommending, developing and implementing engineering programmes.
- assisting other managers in their management of Rail Safety, Environmental and Compliance requirements.
The position requires the person to travel around Australia in connection with the workload and to work outside normal working hours if required.
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical or mechanical and/or relevant experience.
- MUST HAVE AUSTRALIAN RESIDENCY OR RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA
- An excellent understanding and knowledge of the design subject in heavy machinery.
- Knowledge and experience in the maintenance and overhaul of rollingstock.
- An excellent understanding of and skill in project management, contract management and risk management.
- An excellent understanding of system engineering and quality management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements of the National Rail Safety Accreditation Package, Rail Safety legislation for relevant States and Territories, and Rail Safety Management standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in assisting Managers to implement WHS and safety management systems within the WHS and Rail Safety legislative framework.
- Substantial experience and success in implementing policies, procedures and quality management systems.
- High level conceptual, research, planning, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to apply them in the development of corporate strategies and programs.
- Demonstrated experience in design, development & reviewing of technical documentation, report development, operational documentation, maintenance manuals, user training materials and operations manuals.
- Demonstrated experience in the production of high quality technical documentation in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement within complex and sensitive operational project environments
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated high level of proficiency in the use of computers and software packages.
- Highly developed presentation, interpersonal, time management, negotiation and liaison skills.
- Demonstrated experience working under constraints.
- Proven ability to share knowledge and provide training, coaching and mentoring to others to assist with their skills development.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement within complex and sensitive operational environments
- Customer relations, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
Rail Safety Requirements
- A current Category 3 - Safety Critical Worker Health Assessment as per the National Standard for Health Assessment of Rail Safety Workers Track Access
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.