Senior Business Manager
Senior Business Manager ( #12468 )
Our client is the premier track and vehicle research centre in Australia and it provides world leading solutions in the areas of wheel-rail interface design, track design and maintenance as well as rollingstock assessments and modelling. They undertakes technology development, applied research and consulting activities for the railway industry.
They are looking for a Senior Business Manager to identify, develop and secure opportunities for contract research and other commercial opportunities that extend the research capability and impact of the group.
In addition, the person will ensure that projects are costed using robust business models and reliable project management and control processes are in place for the establishment of new programs or projects. This includes overseeing and managing regulatory compliance, infrastructure, budget and resources and the day-to-day leadership, coaching and mentoring of a high-performance team to ensure delivery of project outcomes
This is a key leadership position responsible for providing leadership and management in business development, client relationships and delivery of research and technical services with the person reporting to the Director of the Institute with a high-level of autonomy.
The appointee will have:
- A tertiary qualification at post-graduate level with substantial relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training with extensive experience in transport industry. Some exposure to railway industry is desirable
- Demonstrated track record in industry engagement, managing relationships and commercial contracts, with a record of success in bidding for, and winning business
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills, with experience in establishing priorities, allocating resources and meeting deadlines and milestones, whilst working under pressure in a complex university or industrial environment
- Exceptional project and budget management skills, with a proven record of successfully managing all aspects of large, complex and far reaching research projects through to completion
- Extensive staff management experience with the ability to motivate and develop high performance research and technical teams, deploy performance management and coaching techniques, schedule staff resources and resolve conflict
- Proven ability to solve highly complex problems, with demonstrated ability to provide expert engineering advice on the whole spectrum of work undertaken by the Institute, together with the capacity to apply this knowledge to individual situations with initiative, innovation and specialised expertise
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability communicate complex issues in a clear, succinct manner and integrate knowledge and expertise to assist clients in the full range of techniques and equipment capabilities
- Exceptional relationship management skills, including the ability to consult, influence and negotiate at senior levels within and outside the university, including on complex or sensitive issues
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.