Warranty and Maintenance Technician
Warranty and Maintenance Technician ( #12526 )
Auckland, New Zealand
Our client has a contract for the maintenance of electric trains for the city of Auckland, in New Zealand.
These units are fitted with state of the art systems such as displays, cameras or Wi-Fi and systems required to achieve the strictest market safety levels: ERTMS, DVS, train-ground radio and events recorder.
They are looking for Warranty and Maintenance Technicians to carry out maintenance of the rolling stock in line with the client's policies and procedures, reporting to Shift Manager. Ensure all maintenance is carried out in a safe manner in line with Health and Safety guidelines.
Fundamental roles and responsibilities which are inherent to the position:
- Carrying out preventative and corrective maintenance on all aspects of the client's rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan and in line with the client's policies and procedures
- Fault finding and rectification using mechanical and electrical schematics
- Inspecting bodywork, roofs and undercarriages for wear and tear or damage
- Repairing or replacing parts
- Carrying out regular checks on brakes and couplings
- Taking apart, testing and reassembling mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems
- Writing reports and updating the Maintenance Management System to reflect the status of tasks
- Recording material movements
- Ensuring tasks carried out meet the quality requirements of the relevant Railway standards
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all New Zealand health and safety, quality and environmental legislative requirements.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner in line with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality consciousness. Advise management of any changes in materials, plant or processes which may impact on safety, quality or the environment, as well as any improvements that could advance the client's quality and environmental performance.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks and duties as requested by management
Education: Certificate or equivalent years' experience in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience with maintenance of heavy machinery
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Honest and Reliable
- Positive and professional manner
- Ability to work rostered shift work
Roster - the client works on 24/7 operations and they do a 4 on and 4 off roster. 4 days on 6am to 6pm, then 4 days off, then 4 nights 6pm to 6am, then 4 days off.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.