Asset Technical Inspector (rolling stock)
Asset Technical Inspector (rolling stock) ( #12552 )
Our client is looking for highly capable Asset Technical Inspectors for a immediate Full-Time 3 month contract based in Melbourne and the outer suburbs to support the project team in performing asset condition assessments on trains and trams.
The client is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients' transport project challenges.
- Working in the depots to inspect and record the condition of the rolling stock subsystems;
- Following and contributing to the inspection standards;
- Performing functional testing of the subsystems;
- Communicating with operators and maintainers to gather evidence of the asset's condition;
- Obtaining and understanding the needs and expectations of a wide range of stakeholders and communicating effectively with them; and
- Engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders and managing stakeholders’ expectations and priorities.
This will be a fixed term contract of 1-2 years.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant mechanical or electrical trade or higher qualifications with relevant experience in rolling stock manufacture or other heavy vehicle or manufacturing environment;
- 5 years' asset inspection experience in a rolling stock manufacture or other heavy vehicle or manufacturing environment;
- TTSA (Train Track Safety Awareness) Course completion preferred.
- Ability to analyse information and interpret technical documentation;
- Can plan and prioritise work activities to work collaboratively and deliver results and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrate accountability e.g. be alert to risks that might impact the ability to complete an activity and escalate where required;
- Ability to engage and communicate well with a range of internal and external stakeholders; and
Sound documentation skills to record and report non-compliances.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.