Safety Assurance Manager
Safety Assurance Manager ( #12598 )
Our client is an international contractor with a number of major projects in Australia.
They are looking for a Rail Safety Assurance Manager is to lead assurance activities in support of tenders and projects to complete the appropriate rail safety risk management processes in line with their requirements and legislative and client requirements in an effective and efficient manner, assuring rail safety risks are demonstrably as low as reasonably practicable.
The person would be based in Melbourne with some interstate travel required.
Client will accept overseas candidates
- Post Graduate qualifications in a related discipline (e.g. Systems Engineering, Business Management, Risk Engineering, Safety Management etc.)
- Broad knowledge of the principals and practices applied to systems engineering and safety
- Experience in independent evaluation, selection and adaption of standard techniques, procedures and practices to pragmatically and reasonably verify or validate compliance with safety requirements.
- Has a general knowledge of principles and practices in relation to the major rail disciplines and an ability to function within a multidisciplinary team.
- Has gained an appreciation of railway system engineering and assurance including the hazards, risks and control mechanism typically applied to railway systems.
- Has prepared complete engineering documents and rail safety reports.
- Four (4) + years? experience as a professional engineer, or 10 + years? experience as a certified practitioner, practicing in railway safety assurance.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.