Safety Assurance Engineer
Safety Assurance Engineer ( #12599 )
Our client is an international contractor with a number of major projects in Australia.
They are looking for a Rail Safety Assurance Engineer is to support the rail business implement safety management systems adopted to ensure the risk of a rail operational accident arising from the business Groups involvement in rail projects and/or rail operations and maintenance activities is as low as reasonably possible.
The person would be based in Melbourne.
• Tertiary qualification in Safety Management ora rail engineering discipline with risk/safety modules.
• Knowledge of the principals and practices applied to assurance within a railway environment.
• Post Graduate qualifications in a related discipline (e.g. Systems Engineering, Business Management, Risk Engineering, Safety Management etc.)
• Rail Industry Worker accreditation.
• Certificate IV in Rail Safety Management
• Knowledge of industry standards applied to rail safety assurance
• Understanding of the rail safety regulatory frame work within Australia.
• Has an appreciation of railway system engineering and assurance including the hazards, risks and control mechanism typically applied to railway systems.
• Preparation of complete engineering documents and rail safety reports.
• Formulation and resolution of both technical problems and interpersonal conflicts.
• Two (2) + years’ experience as a professional engineer, practicing in railway environment.
• Communication contributing to meetings and interactions with customers, officials, contractors and others.
• Demonstrated ability to function within a multi-disciplined team developing applications for, or variations to, Rail Safety Accreditation.
• Acquired a general knowledge of principles and practices in relation to the major rail disciplines.
• Contributing to proposals requiring professional services and tenders for engineering projects or programs.
• Planning and co-ordinating aspects of engineering activities.
• Preparation of scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments.
• Assigning tasks and directing engineers, technicians and administrative staff.
• Designing and conducting verification and validation exercises and analysing and interpreting the data/results.
• Worked on projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
• Has participated in the implementation of a rail Safety Management System.
• Gained an appreciation of generic rail system hazardous events, there risk and typical controls.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.