Rolling Stock Maintenance Planning Advisor
Rolling Stock Maintenance Planning Advisor ( #12656 )
Wellington, New Zealand
Our client is an international engineering consultancy with an unrivalled track record. They are NSW?s largest rolling stock technical advisor with over 100 talented engineers, managers and specialists engaged on all major NSW rolling stock projects.
They are looking for a Rolling Stock Maintenance Planning Advisor to provide expert rolling stock maintenance planning advice to the client, primarily to improve fleet availability, while considering fleet safety and reliability.
The person is to assist
- the clients' maintenance planning department to work collaboratively with engineering, operations and maintenance to maximise fleet availability.
- the client to develop industry leading planning techniques utilising the MMIS (Maintenance Management Information System) to provide a 'single source' of planning information, allowing efficient execution of preventative and corrective maintenance activities as well as full control over modifications and fleet checks.
This position will be based in Wellington, New Zealand. Fly in Fly out is possible
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities are planned and executed using the MMIS.
- Drive all planning activities back into the MMIS, eliminating the use of uncontrolled spreadsheets.
- Review, update and implement effective planning processes and techniques for all maintenance activities.
- Implement availability improvements through the effective use of the MMIS.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are planned, executed and reported through MMIS.
- Ensure all modifications and fleet checks are accurately controlled through the MMIS.
- Work closely with the Transition Manager, Engineering Advisor, Maintenance Advisor and Operations Advisor to develop collaborative working between planning, engineering, maintenance and operations.
- Work with the Transition Manager to develop and implement visual management techniques.
- Develop efficient and robust reporting mechanisms for preventative and corrective maintenance activities (planned vs actual), including defect reporting.
- Develop accurate and robust short, medium and long term maintenance plans, with the objective of reducing the maintenance debt.
- Abide by applicable workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duty assigned to you having regard to your skills, training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience conducting rolling stock maintenance planning.
- Experience using a MMIS system (e.g. Maximo).
- Experience using Primavera.
- Background in Engineering preferred.
- Must have Australian or New Zealand residency
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.