Safety Assurance Manager
Safety Assurance Manager ( #12720 )
Our client is looking for a highly capable Safety Assurance Manager to support our rapidly growing business. The client is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients' transport project challenges.
- Provide specialist Safety Assurance advice for major transport projects
- Work collaboratively within a diverse and high performing engineering team
- Join a dynamic and agile organisation focussed on engineering solutions to today's transport challenges.
- Lead the Systems Safety activity for major rail projects including as the client representative and for the supplier;
- Develop strategies and plans to implement the Safety Assurance activities for a project through all or some project life cycle stages;
- Provide input into the development of tender responses in conjunction with other team members;
- Provide guidance and support on Engineering Safety and Systems Assurance to engineering staff and to client and supplier representatives;
- Represent Safety Assurance concepts and arguments to stakeholders including regulatory, operations and other asset management bodies;
- Prepare assurance arguments and documentation to support configuration change submissions.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering;
- At least 5 years' professional experience as a Safety Assurance Engineer.
- Demonstrated experience undertaking quantitative and qualitative analyses including as Fault Tree Analysis, Goal Structuring Notation (GSN), Event Tree Analysis and ALARP/SFAIRP demonstration;
- Demonstrated experience facilitating or providing safety input to hazard identification / risk workshops;
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering life cycle and appropriate models including the Vee lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability in the application of safety-related standards such as AS/NZS 4801 Safety Management Systems, ISO/IEC 61508 Functional Safety of EEPE Safety Related Systems, and EN 50126/ 8/9 Specification and demonstration of RAMS to the design of systems and tools within an operational or project environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of safety responsibilities under Rail Safety National Law and WHS legislation.
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.