Superintendent - Routine Maintenance
Superintendent - Routine Maintenance ( #12768 )
Our client is seeking a Superintendent - Routine Maintenance to effectively and efficiently manage a maintenance team and works activities that deliver an annual works programme that ensures the integrity and operational safety of The Bathurst and Tamworth sections of rail corridor. Candidates need to have eligibility to work in Australia.
- Oversee the on-site delivery of defined scopes of work on schedule with all stakeholder expectations met.
- Provide and take leadership responsibility in health, safety and environment management including safety checks, identifying and recording railway safety issues, reporting, investigating and managing accidents, incidents and injuries; and ensuring works are programmed to conform to CRN safety accreditation requirements and quality standards;
- Build strong internal and external stakeholder management through positive, proactive and professional communication to keep key personnel informed.
- Manage industrial relations issues and implications and develop appropriate resolution.
- Conduct thorough performance management evaluation for direct and indirect reports as defined by the Performance Management Development System.
- Manage administrative duties for direct and indirect report requirements
- Ensure compliance in commercial and financial management including meeting budgets and identifying cost saving measures, and report on expenditure including forecasting on a monthly basis;
- Review design documentation, read drawings, provide constructive review and oversee implementation of final designs.
- Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence Class C;
- Advanced technical competencies required in track, i.e. minimum Certificate 4 in Transport and logistics, Transport and distribution, or similar.
- Minimum of ten (10) years previous rail construction experience in a similar role;
- Extensive experience in Project management of Rail works
- Demonstrated competency in track construction and maintenance practices;
- Extensive knowledge of the Track rail infrastructure discipline stream and associated systems, coupled with a firm understanding of the other disciplines (Structures and Signalling);
- Experience in administration and management of rail infrastructure maintenance or renewal teams;
- Knowledge of Rail Safety Management principles; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management tools and management systems.
- Management of multidisciplinary projects and project teams
- Advanced financial and commercial management including cost reduction and meeting budgets
- Client relationship and stakeholder management
- Analysis of and reporting on project performance, compliance and defects and/or non-conformance
To Apply for this job you need to be registered as a candidate with Rail Personnel.
Login ID/Password Login
Return to search results
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
> Australia and New Zealand
> Middle East
> North America
> UK and Europe
The rail industry's Number 1
FREE online newsletter
© 2008-2019 RailPersonnel International Limited. All rights reserved.